For those who have tried and mastered (or tried and failed) the previous recipe, here is another staple from our household. For a couple of Irish-Russian idiots living in Germany we sure eat shitloads of Asian food… Go figure!…
Anyways, this one is MUCH easier to make and is perfect for the shitty weather.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 people)
- 800 ml of chicken broth (please, please, please, do yourselves a favor, and do NOT use fucking powder – spend a couple pennies on a proper one! If this thought completely shatters your picture of the Universe, use one jar of proper broth, and top it up with the powder shit)
- 1 chicken breast, butterflied, marinated and kept overnight in the fridge. Use whatever the fuck you want for the marinade. The easiest is store-bought Teriyaki sauce (any brand would do).
If you want to be really fucking fancy – use 1 tbs of Char Siu sauce, 1 tbs of fish sauce and 1 tbs of Mirin. Mix that shit up before putting the chicken in.
- 2-3 mini Pack Choi, leaves sliced alongside
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- a ~3 cm piece of ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbs red Miso paste (you can get this shit in any Asian shop)
- 1 pack (100 gr) of Ramen noodles
- 1-2 spring onions, chopped to fuck
- Coriander (if you are a coriander junkie), parsley (if you are a devoted coriander hater).
These are the minimal essentials. For seasoning, and for making your Ramen fancy as fuck, add spinach, bean sprouts, marinated bamboo shoots and/or mushrooms (Enoki or brown beech are the best – you have to cook them together with Pack Choi, though). If you have no clue what I am talking about – relax and don’t sweat this shit: the minimal essentials would still be enjoyable.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, drain under cold water, and divide between 2 plates
- Heat the chicken broth in a big pot together with Miso paste (dissolve that fucker in the broth – don’t leave it lying on the bottom in a lump!), garlic and ginger root. Bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down, add Pack Choi and mushrooms, and allow them to heat the fuck through.
- While this shit is cooking, heat some oil in a hot frying pan and grill the chicken breast for ~5 min, until cooked through. Chuck the marinade, no matter how good this shit smells.
- Cut the chicken into slices on a chopping board.
- Ladle off the hot broth with Pack Choi and mushrooms onto the cold noodles. Fuck the ginger pieces out, but leave the garlic.
- Add some fresh bean sprouts, put the hot sliced chicken on top, sprinkle with spring onions and whatever other shit herbs you want.